Sunday 22 May 2016

Internal Psychological Warefare......Fighting the man in the mirror



Get back in your cupboard Beast!

Right, cutting to the chase, this week's post is going to be a short one.  It has been a hectic week, a busy weekend and it is only going to get crazier.

So this week I have been plagued by Captain Craving, Private Panic, Lieutenant Loser and Drill Sergeant Doubt.  I have met Morpheus and taken both the red pill and the blue pill.

The Blue Pill 


The blue pill opened the door to the food demons, pushing their cookie crack and booze into my head.  Just one bite won't hurt, what harm could one beer do....


One Bite...


...and One Beer


Back to square one :-(

The Red Pill


The red pill gave me restraint and logic.  It may be a bitter pill to swallow however the colour red makes me think of the colour of the liquid coming out of my lug holes if I don't train.  The red pill let me make good eating choices and fight away the dastardly food phantoms and the beer banshees!

This weekend we went to Birmingham for a friend's 30th.  There was plenty of temptation in the guise of sexy spirits by the names of Whisky and Gin and also curvaceous carbs like Fries and Meat-Patty.  Instead I made a date with the exotic cous cous and two timed her with with Greek yogurt.

The weekend wasn't ruined by being more thoughtful to what I was shoveling down my neck, after all it is only for a few months.  As I have mentioned before this is a choice I make and I thank my lucky stars that I have that choice, reminding me of one of the reasons I am taking part in this event.

So the moral of this story is, don't give up.  Life is hard, making positive choices is one of the easier challenges in life.  I didn't quite drop the weight I wanted to this week, but it is certainly not the end of the world.  In the grand scheme of things there are much worse things in life.

After a brief battle with the Man in the Mirror, I have come out the other end a little bit wiser to his tricks and will be ready for round two.  I could not have done it without the positive words from colleagues and friends, especially over this weekend.  Thanks guys for your support and belief in me!

Wow, so that was a little more serious than I expected, but life calls for that sometimes.  As usual you can see this weeks results here.

Tune in next time for more of the same whimsical chitter chatter.

Thanks for reading my latest take on life!

Steve

P.S An example of a Worserrer thing in life.....Being sober and watching Adam (also sober) bumping and grinding to early noughties R&B...then grinding me (whilst still sober).  Even worse, he had a big torch in his pocket which really dug into my back!  I hope you had a great 30th Adam!



1 comment:

  1. The power of Christ compels you.
    Buddy Jesus that is!

    ReplyDelete